MICHI (www.michiny.com) an emerging, fashion-forward, athletic apparel company in Toronto, Canada is looking for an experienced PRODUCT DEVELOPER.
Reporting directly to the Production Development Manager, the Product Developer will support the team throughout the product development and production process.
- Provide input in concept and research development for seasonal collections
- Create garment technical spec, fully responsible for all aspects of the complete garment spec.
- Work in partnership with our design team, patternmaker, and PD Manager to ensure tech pack
- Attend all fittings and meetings with company stakeholders
- Work closely with manufacturers to ensure deadlines and cost constraints are followed
- Perform quality control to identify and resolve production issues
- Organize samples, patterns, fabrics, and trims while maintaining an inventory
- Maintain accurate system information
- Negotiating costing, delivery and terms with vendors
- Perform additional duties and assignments, as requested
- A degree/diploma/certificate in fashion design, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of textiles, fabrication and manufacturing an asset
- Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to create sketches and technical packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision and time management skills to meet deadlines.
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (if available) to: email@example.com
Please reference Job Title “Product Developer” in the subject line of your message.